About Fresno, California
Situated in California and in the center of the San Joaquin Valley, Fresno has a population of approximately 520,000 residents, making it the 5th largest city in the state of California. Fresno is a highly developed urban center that has acquired the reputation of being the main cultural hub between Los Angeles and San Francisco as well as a gateway to tourism related activities in the nearby national parks.
Popular Destinations in Fresno
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Fresno? Here are some of the best destinations to explore in this Californian city:
The Forestiere Underground Gardens: These underground gardens feature garden courts, patios and grottoes that are conveniently connected with passageways that surround the home which was constructed by Baldassare Forestiere in the early 1900s. Baldassare designed the gardens to resemble catacombs, utilizing stonework and arches to intriguing beauty to the structures.
Woodward Regional Park: The Woodward Regional Park is renowned for housing both exotic and indigenous plant life. The park also features a lake that is surrounded by five miles of natural trails for skating, biking and hiking.
The Big Fresno Fair: This is a 10-day fair that features top-rated entertainment by well known performers in addition to family oriented exhibits. Visitors can expect more than 300 booths with a wide variety of merchandise at the fair.
Wild Water Adventure Park: This is a world-class amusement park that features the largest wave pool in the state with more than one million gallons of water to create ocean-like waves. With more than 15,000 square feet of space featuring lots of slides and tube rides, the Wild Water Adventure Park is a top family friendly destination in Fresno.
Madera Wine Trail: This trail consists of twelve wineries scattered across the Fresno region. The trail features special events for the visitors to attend throughout the year. These include the popular Wine Trail Weekends where the wineries come together to put up programs for the wine tours.
Luxury Lodging in Fresno
- Chateau du Sureau
- Executive Suite sat River Bluff
- Manchester Hotel
- Travelodge Highway 41 Fresno
Airports In or Nearby Fresno For Private Jets
Looking for a private aircraft charter to Fresno, California? Due to the growing traffic to the region, there are a number of airports developed to serve Fresno and its environs. These include:
- The Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT): This airport is located around five miles away from the city center. This is a public/military airport that serves the city of Fresno. It sits at an altitude of 330 feet above sea level, and has two asphalt runways measuring 9,500 and 8,000 feet in length. It has an average of 200,000 aircraft operations a year, and serves over half a million passengers annually.
- Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC): The Norman Mineta San Jose Airport is located around 155 miles from Fresno. The airport mainly serves the city of San Jose and is situated at an altitude of 62 feet above sea level. It has two concrete runways measuring 11,000 feet in length each. It is one of the busiest airports in the region, handling more than 9 million passengers a year.
- Visalia Municipal Airport (VIS): This is a domestic airport located 39 miles from Fresno. This public airport has a single asphalt runway measuring 6,500 feet in length, as well as a 45-foot asphalt helipad. Standing at an elevation of 295 feet above sea level, the airport has an average of 63,000 aircraft operations annually. It is popular among private aircraft users.
- Merced Regional Airport (MCE): The Merced Regional Airport is located 60 miles away from Fresno. The airport sits at an elevation of 155 feet above sea level, and is a public amenity. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 5,900 feet in length, and has an average of 62,000 aircraft operations a year.
- Meadows Field (BFL): Located in Bakersfield, Meadows Field Airport is a domestic airport located 106 miles away from Fresno. It is very popular among private and chartered aircraft users owing to its ease of use. It sits at an altitude of 510 feet above sea level, and has two asphalt runways measuring 10,800 and 7,700 feet in length respectively.
- Hanford Municipal Airport (VWD): This Airport is located around 34 miles from Fresno. The airport has a single asphalt runway measuring 5,100 feet in length, and sits at an elevation of 244 feet above sea level.
- Fresno Chandler Executive Airport (FCH): This airport is located around three miles away from the city of Fresno. It covers an area of 81 hectares and sits at an elevation of 279 feet above sea level. It has a single asphalt runway designated in the 12/30 direction. Currently, the airport records an average of 25,000 aircraft operations a year, at an average of 68 per day. Most of the traffic movements to and from the airport are general aviation.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Fresno?