About Pune, India
In the western Indian state of Maharashtra lies the sprawling city of Pune. It is Maharashtra’s second largest city and the ninth most populated city in India. Pune’s metropolis contains 3,124,460 residents over 185 square miles. Known as India’s Motor City, Pune is home to facilities owned by Fiat, Volkswagen, Renault, Jaguar, Land Rover, General Motors, Mercedes-Benz and others. The city recently began to make a name for itself as a contributor in the manufacturing and IT sectors.
Popular Destinations in Pune
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Pune? With zoos, parks, museums, and attention paid to sports, there is no shortage of attraction sites for tourists. Some of the most popular are listed below:
Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum: Dinkar Kelkar died in 1990, but not before he assembled his collection: musical instruments, betel-nut cutters, jewelry, puppets, furniture, kitchen utensils, windows and doors, toys, textiles, lamps, writing instruments, and hundreds of hookah pipes encompass old world India at this museum. An amazing art gallery is also located on the site of this peculiar but delightful little museum.
Malaka Spice: Ready your taste buds for these delicious creations from Malaka Spice. Dine on dishes with a classic flair or take a chance on the street menu. Either way, Malaka Spice offers mutton, duck, chicken, vegetarian options, and seafood. Doubling as an art museum, Malaka Spice’s air-con room offers a cooler and more culture-filled atmosphere than the regular dining area, where patrons can enjoy alfresco dining with the restaurant’s mist machine cooling things down.
Bluefrog: Depending upon which night visitors decide to stop in, entertainment at Bluefrog offers a wide variety. Stand-up comedy, theater, live music by world-class acts, and invigorating electronic DJs all perform here. India’s nightlife has truly been shaken up by Bluefrog’s Pune location. A full range of cocktails, a sizable menu, and a semicircular seating arrangement make this stylish venue a must-visit for those who truly love nightlife.
Aga Khan Palace: Northeast of Pune’s center, on a wooded, 6.5-hectare plot of land lies the majestic Aga Khan Palace. Prominent nationalist leaders such as Mahatma Gandhi were interned in this building, constructed in 1892. Visitors can view Mahatma Gandhi’s old room in the Gandhi National Memorial. An exhibit centered around Ghandi’s extraordinary life displays paintings and photos. The ashes of Gandhi’s secretary and wife of 35 years have been placed in a shrine located at the rear of the property, in a peaceful garden. Both died in confinement on this very spot.
Pataleshvara (or Pataleshwar) Cave Temple: Similar to Elephant Island’s grander caves, this 8th-century temple is actively used but currently unfinished. The temple is carved into the rocks and features other elements including shrines, a brass bell, pillared porches, lush gardens, and more. At more than 1300 years old, the Temple is Pune’s oldest monument.
Luxury Lodging in Pune
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Pune? Pune has a wide variety of high end accommodation facilities for the well-heeled. Some of these include:
- Conrad Pune
- Four Points by Sheraton Hotel and Serviced Apartments
- Hyatt Pune
- Hyatt Regency Pune
- Le Meridien Pune
- Marriott Suites Pune
- Novotel Pune Nagar Pune
- Radisson Blu Hotel Pune Kharadi
- Sayaji Hotel
- The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
Airports In or Nearby Pune For Private Jets
Looking for a private jet charter to Pune, India? There are a number of airports you can use for your private jet travel to arrive in or depart from Pune. These include:
- Pune Airport (PNQ): Located six miles away from Pune, this airport is the main airport serving Pune and the surrounding regions. Pune Airport handles both domestic and international flights and is relatively busy. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 8,609 feet in length and designated in the 09/12 direction. Pune Airport sits at an altitude of 172 feet above sea level and has excellent passenger amenities.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM): This international airport is located 75 miles away from Pune. The excellent infrastructure between Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and Pune means that travelling from the airport to the city is always a breeze. The airport sits at an elevation of 124 feet above sea level and occupies 175 hectares of land. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 9,800 feet in length and designated in the 09/18 direction.
- Gandhinagar Airport (ISK): This airport is located 150 miles away from Pune, and is the main airport serving the province. It is one of the busiest airports in the province, and stands at an altitude of 282 feet above sea level. It has a single asphalt runway measuring 9,800 feet in length. The runway is designated in the 14/32 direction. It serves more than 1.4 million passengers annually, and has over 13,000 aircraft movements per year.
- Kolhapur Airport (KLH): Kolhapur Airport is located around 20 miles away from Pune. The mixed civil/public airport is a domestic airport that mainly functions as a hub for private aircraft, though commercial air traffic to and from the airport is planned. The airport has a single asphalt runway measuring 6,500 feet in length, designated in the 18/36 direction.
- Aurangabad Airport (IXU): This airport is located 20 miles away from Pune, and is the main airport serving the Greater Pune. The airport was opened in 1985 and sits at an altitude of 32 feet above sea level. Aurangabad Airport has two paved runways measuring 12,000 feet and 11,800 feet in length, designated in the 07R/25L and 07L/25R directions respectively. The airport has an annual passenger turnover of over 60 million, and has more than 400,000 aircraft movements annually.
- Solapur Airport (SSE): Solapur Airport is located around 300 miles away from Pune. It was a strictly military airport until 1966 when it was made open to the public. The airport has one asphalt runway measuring 8,700 feet in length, designated in the 13/31 direction. The airport stands at an elevation of 10 feet above sea level and has a single terminal. The airport is served by numerous local and international airlines.
- Belgaum Airport (IXG): Belgaum Airport is located 150 miles away from Pune. The airport serves commercial scheduled traffic as well as military and private air traffic as well. The airport stands at an elevation of 82 feet above sea level. It serves as a hub for 5 airlines. Belgaum Airport has a single asphalt runway measuring 9,800 feet in length, designated in the 06/24 direction. The airport serves more than 200,000 passengers annually.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Pune?