About Shenzhen, China
Located in the Guangdong Province of China, Shenzhen is a major city, and is one of China’s most successful Special Economic Zones. Shenzhen has a warm, monsoon-influenced, subtropical climate. Its winters are relatively dry and mild, thus frost is very rare. Shenzhen is a giant in industries such as electronic parts manufacturing and assembly. Coupled with its good start-up atmosphere, it also enjoys a thriving exhibition scene.
Popular Destinations in Shenzhen
Like many large cities in the world, Shenzhen offers visitors an array of prime attractions and destinations. Here are some of the top recommendations:
Window of the World: The theme park features famous landmarks of the world on a miniature-scale. The park is divided into different areas such as American, Africa, Europe, Oceania and Asia and in accordance to the regional structure of the world. There are scenic spots, historic sites and large-scale performances are also available at the attraction.
China Folk Culture Village: This attraction is one part of Splendid China and it offers tours around China’s important sites, in their miniature forms, and also the ethnic groups at the Folk Village. The destination features ethnic village settings and people who are dressed in their ethnic costumes.
Fairy Lake Botanical Garden: Cited as a haven of harmony and peace, the botanical garden features more than 3,000 species of plants in a Chinese classic garden setting. The attraction is suitable for nature lovers and offers six major scenic areas with names such as the Heaven and Earth Area and the Desert Landscape Area. The Palaeontological Museum is also located inside the garden and exhibits all kinds of fossils.
Minsk Aircraft Carrier World: The military themed park features a huge Russian aircraft carrier which has been redesigned and transformed into a tourist attraction. The carrier was constructed with the main body of a Minsk Aircraft. Minsk Square offers various forms of entertainment such as combat simulation demonstration, an aircraft carrier war movie and a space simulation launch. The attraction has many English language signs which makes the attraction apt for international visitors to visit.
Shenzhen Safari Park: This is one of the first zoos in China to “uncage” the animals that it houses. There are over 300 breeds of animals here and many of them are either rare or nationally protected animals in the country. Visitors will be able to see animals such as Pandas, Siberian tigers, red-crowned cranes and Asian elephants. At Ocean World, which is also located within the park, it offers visitors the chance to catch a glimpse of numerous sea creatures.
The KK100 Tower: This magnificent skyscraper is the 15th tallest building in the world and the Shenzhen’s 2nd tallest building. The tower offers one of the best panoramic views of the city from its observation deck.
Luxury Lodgings in Shenzhen
Shenzhen offers a plethora of opulent accommodations. Here are some examples:
- AS Resort Dawan
- Baolilai International Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen
- Four Seasons Shenzhen
- Futian Shangri-La Shenzhen
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhen
- Grand Skylight International Hotel Guanian
- Huaan International Hotel
- Hui Hotel
- InterContinental Shenzhen
- JW Marriott Hotel Shenzhen
- Kempinski Hotel Shenzhen
- Lafonte International Hotel
- LVGEM Hotel
- Mission Hills Resort Shenzhen
- Shangri-La Hotel Shenzhen
- Sheraton Shenzhen Futian Hotel
- Shiji Sea-View Hotel
- The Interlaken OCT Hotel
- The Luxe Manor
- The Panglin Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen
- The St. Regis Shenzhen
- The Westin Shenzhen Nanshan
- WongTee V Hotel
Airports In Or Nearby Shenzhenh
Interested in chartering a jet to Shenzhen, China? If you are considering a private air charter to and from Shenzhen, here is a list of the recommended airports to use:
- Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport (SZX): Located less than 20 miles northwest of Shenzhen’s city center, the airport is operated by Shenzhen Airport Company Ltd. The airport sits at an elevation of 13 feet above mean sea level, one operational passenger terminal as well as two concrete runways in the 15/33 and 16/34 directions.
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG): Located approximately 30 miles from Shenzhen, the airport is operated by Airport Authority Hong Kong and is open for public use. The airport sits at an elevation of 28 feet above mean sea level and two terminals. It also features two asphalt runways in the 07R/25L and 07L/25R directions.
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN): Located less than 80 miles away from Shenzhen, the airport is operated by Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport Co. Ltd. and is open for public use. The airport features one terminal building and three concrete runways in the 01/19, 02L/20R and 02R/20L directions.
- Foshan Shadi Airport (FUO): Located approximately 106 miles from Shenzhen, the airport is open for both public and military use. The domestic airport in Foshan features one runway that is designated in the 01/19 direction.
- Macau International Airport (MFM): Located about 126 miles from Shenzhen, the airport is government-owned and open for public use. The airport has one terminal and features a single concrete runway in the 16/34 direction.
- Shun Tak Heliport (HHP): Located approximately 21 miles from Shenzhen, the heliport sits at an elevation of 107 feet above mean sea level and facilitates scheduled airline services.
- Huizhou Airport (HUZ): Located approximately 67 miles away from Shenzhen, the airport is operated by Guangdong Airport Group Co. and is open for public and military use. The airport features one runway and sits at an elevation of 50 feet above mean sea level.
- Zhuhai Sanzao International Airport (ZUH): Located 131 miles from Shenzhen, the airport is operated by Hong Kong-Zhuhai Airport Management Co.,Ltd. and is open for public and military use. The airport sits at an elevation of 23 feet above mean sea level, and features one concrete runway in the 05/23 direction.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Shenzhen?