About Sydney, Australia
Situated on the east coast of Australia by the gorgeous Tasman Sea is Sydney, the capital of New South Wales. This bustling city is home to over 4.8 million residents as of 2014. Sydney circles Port Jackson, one of the world’s biggest natural harbors, and is one of the most multicultural cities in the world. Today, Sydney remains a key regional financial and economic hub in Australia, and is a captivating harbor city not to be missed. Sydney invariably occupies the top spots on the world’s lists of highest quality of life.
Popular Destinations in Sydney
Looking for activities once your private jet arrives in Sydney? With a rich maritime culture and as a melting pot of diverse cultures, Sydney is home to some of the world’s best attractions. Take a trip to Sydney and visit some of these amazing places:
Sydney Opera House: Established in 1973 on Bennelong Point, the Sydney Opera House is one of the world’s most recognized landmarks. Widely regarded for its distinctive “shells”, the Sydney Opera House has a 2,679-seat concert hall and several smaller proscenium theaters. Designed by the Danish architect Jørn Utzon, the Sydney Opera House hosts more than 1,500 performances every year and receives more than seven million visitors a year.
Sydney Harbour Bridge: Connecting the Central Business District (CBD) of Sydney and the North Shore region, the Sydney Harbour Bridge is another of the world’s most recognized landmarks. Built and designed by the British company Dorman Long and Co Ltd of Middlesborough, the Sydney Harbour Bridge was open to the public in 1932 and carries over 160,000 vehicles a day. Today, the Sydney Harbour Bridge can be climbed as part of the BridgeClimb Sydney program, where some of the most stunning views of the Sydney Harbour can be enjoyed.
Bondi Beach: One of the most visited tourist attractions in Australia is the Bondi Beach, located four miles east of the Central Business District of Sydney. Established in 1851, the beach is slightly under a mile long and hosts numerous notable events annually, such as the Vans Bowl-A-Rama Skateboarding Competition held every February, as well as the Miss Bondi Beauty Pageant held every November.
Darling Harbour: Located next to the Central Business District of the city, Darling Harbour flanks Cockle Bay and opens up into the larger Port Jackson, or Sydney Harbour. Named after the Governor of New South Wales from 1825 to 1831, the Darling Harbour is home to some of Sydney’s key attractions, such as Paddy’s Markets, the Harbourside Shopping Centre, the Star Casino and Entertainment Complex, as well as the Sydney Aquarium.
Taronga Zoo: The world famous Taronga Zoo, located in the North Shore region in the suburb of Mosman. Spanning 52 acres, the Taronga Zoo is the home of over 4,000 animals belonging to 340 species, including the blue-billed duck, the red-necked wallaby, the Australian king parrot, the short-billed black cockatoo and a notable chimpanzee community. The Taronga Zoo can be accessed by ferry services from Circular Quay in the Central Business District of Sydney, which offers some of the most delightful views of the Sydney Harbour.
Luxury Lodging in Sydney
Seeking luxury accommodations once your private jet has arrived in Sydney? Here are our top picks for this Australian city, when you seek the highest standards of luxury in hotels and lodgings.
- Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
- Astral Towers at The Star
- BLUE Sydney – A Taj Hotel
- Diamant Boutique Hotel Sydney
- Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
- Fraser Suites Sydney
- Hilton Sydney hotel
- InterContinental Sydney
- Medusa Hotel Sydney
- Observatory Hotel Sydney
- Park Hyatt Sydney
- Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park
- Quay Grand Suites Sydney
- Quay West Suites Sydney
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
- Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
- Sheraton on the Park
- Sir Stamford at Circular Quay
- Swissotel Sydney
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
- The Westin Sydney
Airports In or Nearby Sydney For Private Jets
Interested in renting a private aircraft to Sydney, Australia? A handful of airports serve Sydney and its surroundings, making it easy for you to book a private jet charter to and from this city today. This includes:
- Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport (SYD): This airport is located five miles from the city center of Sydney and it is considered to be the oldest commercial airport in the world. It features three asphalt paved runways. This airport was used by nearly 38 million people in 2014 and it was built back in 1920.
- Bankstown Airport (BWU): This airport is located 14 miles away from the central business district of Sydney in the city of Bankstown. It stretches over an area of 770 acres and it features three asphalt paved runways. In 2011, the airport was used by 243,000 passengers and it was built in 1940.
- Camden Aerodrome (CDU): This airport is located 1.2 miles away from the city of Camden in Australia. It is also nearly 37 miles away from the central business district of Sydney. It features one asphalt paved runway and one grass runway.
- Gosford Airport (GOS): This is a smaller airport located in New South Wales, 48 miles away from the city of Sydney. It mainly services general aviation flights.
- Bathurst Airport (ZBF): This airport serves the city of Bathurst in New South Wales, Australia, and it features three runways: one asphalt runway, one grass runway, and one gravel runway. It is 121 miles away from Sydney.
- Orange Airport (OAG): This airport serves the city of Orange in Australia. OAG located approximately seven miles from the central business district of Orange and it features one asphalt paved runway and a runway made from grass and red clay.
- Leinster Airport (LER): This airport is located in the city of Leinster in Australia, and it is often used for general aviation purposes. It features one asphalt paved runway.
- Bourke Airport (BRK): This airport is situated nearly five miles from the city of Bourke in New South Wales, Australia. BRK was originally built back in 1943 and used as a military base. Today, it is open for public use, and it features one asphalt paved runway and one grass runway.
- Lake Evella Airport (LEL): This airport is located in the city of Gapuwiyak in Australia, and is mainly used for general aviation purposes. Its security was improved in 2006 to improve the standards of the airport.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Sydney?